Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What would Christmas be without The Nutcracker?

There is magic in the air when December rolls around and the spirit of Christmas is here. Boxes of decorations, stockings, greenery and all the trimmings are overtaking our home.



Over the last few years I have been able to attend "The Nutcracker Ballet" with my children. It is so enchanting and blissful. It just ushers in the season for me and it is becoming a tradition in our home to see. However, I had know idea that I felt this way until a month ago. I was preparing for Thys' Preschool and was thinking of a fieldtrip that we could do . The Nutcracker came to my mind. I went to work and arranged it all and I am so excited to be able to go with Thys this year. What a great Christmas activity. I think the pre-school children will enjoy it too.


For Monday preschool, we read the story of The Nutcracker, listened to the music and even made a cute Nutcracker craft of our very own. I used all punches for this Nutcracker and he turned out alright. The children liked the story and the music. I think they will love the ballet.




4 comments:

Nola said...

I can't believe you made that cute nutcracker from your punches. I don't know if Mrs. Morales would approve. But I do. It's darling. Wish I could go to the ballet too. You guys will have fun.

Purcell's Party said...

So cute! You are so talented. What Nutcracker are you going to? I'l love to take K. Nice blog!

Nat said...

I love the nutcracker. I am so glad that you have a blog now. Please keep in touch.

Natalie Pederson
www.pedersonplatoon.blogspot.com

rach said...

Wow, that is one cool nutcracker. Your going to have to show us how to do that.