
We have been having fun. Decorating our gingerbread house and making fun Christmas crafts. Christmas is upon us. And with some reluctance...I seem to be ready.
Through all the hustle and bustle I have managed to Christmas shop, have a Christmas mother/daughter progressive tea party with some friends(12 moms and their daughters). {My friend Michelle had a tea party with friends and family when she was a child and it became a tradition in their home for many years but once she got older they stopped doing it. Now she has two girls and I have three, she approached me about helping her to start it up a again. We did it and had a lot of fun. It started at her home with all the yummy food then off to Amy's house where they played a game and made a craft. Our home was ready for the group. We moved all the furniture out of the way so the girls could come and have dessert while I read them some Christmas stories. The joke was on me...apparently the last home that has the traveling teapot is the one to start the party next year. My girls will love it so it will be fun. }
I have been busy teaching pre-school for the last 3 weeks and helped to plan our Christmas pre-school party. Luckily that wasn't at my house this year. The children made their own gingerbread houses. It was very messy but sweet!
So Sydney has been telling things to her teacher, Mr. G that are really funny. Sydney was visiting Grandma K and Grandma told Syd that if you are naughty Santa only brings you COAL and UNDERWARE in your stocking. Well, Sydney went to school and told her teacher that if you are naughty Santa brings you coal and "dirty underware." He really got a kick out of it and asked her to repeat that a few times during class "What does Santa bring you if you are bad?". On Friday the last day of school it was the Christmas class party he asked her again. She was rather embarrassed and kept saying..."MY GRANDMA TOLD ME....!" not wanting to say...dirty underware! Then Mrs. G started to tease Mr. G that the kids will get HIS dirty underware. Everyone was laughing and it was all in good fun.
It is a joyous time of year and we wish everyone love and peace. Take time to be apart of the scene, embrace and love your family for they are most important, enjoy the aroma of the season and be enchanted by the carols that you hear. But most of all remember our Savior and his most humble birth. He is there for us all. Let us come unto him. 

2 comments:
Leave it to grandma to tell her about coal and underwear. But....gotta love that Syd added "dirty" which makes it worse. I love the tea party thing. My Kati would not go for that! She is not that kinda girl. Anyway, Merry Christmas to your family! we love you and miss you! Why are you calling Kendyl, Ellie? Nickname I guess? See what I miss when we are away?
Syd is a crack up! We usually called Kendell by her first name but if we want to call her by a nickname I preferr Ellie. Gary says he doesn't much like the name Kendell and from before she was born that he was going to call her Ella. But he hasn't done that very much.
Post a Comment