Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Sew!

Yesterday, we had to take Derek to Temecula to visit a friend that he has never met but known for 3 to 4 years. So.... on the journey back home I had to make a stop at an awesome quilting shop in Old Temecula. It has some great fabric and tonnes of it! As well as helpful and friendly quilters that work there. I needed to get some fabric to bind the blanket that we quilted at Fish lake for Sydney (pictures to come.) I came up with an idea to buy some fabric and make Olivia a Skirt and Applique t-shirt to match. I made some for my girls a few months back. So all day today I have been sewing it. Poor Derek got the flu :( He should be OK by tomorrow. Here is the end result. I really hope Olivia likes it.

Madi is my model


Close up of the Applique t-shirt

I hand stitched in the center of the flower. It looks really cute.

2 comments:

Heather said...

holy cow!!! sew cute!!!

Jilleen said...

Hi it's Olivia,
Love the T-shirt and skirt. I hope that I can learn to sew some clothes like you Auntie Cheryl. Thank you sooo much. I'll post pictures of me wearing it when Derek brings it home. Love you guys, and Madison call me!!!!