
This month is pre-school at my house. The theme is Animals and we are focusing on "Pets" this week. I borrowed Nola's Water Table and filled with birdseed. The children loved it! I put it in the garage and they played with it every chance they got. Alot ended up on the floor but we sweeped it up and just dumped it back in. It was fun.
>
One of the crafts we did this week was make our own fishy in the fish tank. It was very easy too. Have the children just color with crayons the bottom, plants and fish. Then paint over it with watered-down blue tempura paint. I pre-cut the paper plate to look like a fish tank. After the paint was dry I outlined it in black marker adding bubbles too. This project was fun for everybody! I would like to try and see how many things you could actually make from/with a paper plate.
>
One of the crafts we did this week was make our own fishy in the fish tank. It was very easy too. Have the children just color with crayons the bottom, plants and fish. Then paint over it with watered-down blue tempura paint. I pre-cut the paper plate to look like a fish tank. After the paint was dry I outlined it in black marker adding bubbles too. This project was fun for everybody! I would like to try and see how many things you could actually make from/with a paper plate.
3 comments:
Love the fish tank, Im going to try that. Paper plates are great for crafts. I'd like to know what other ideas you come up with.
Next week is farm animals so we are going to make pig or cows from paper plates too.
Hey, your birdseed activity reminded me of when I would fill a 9x13 pan with wheat. All of my kids loved pouring and filling their cups and containers. They would do it for a long time. Have you tried the pie pan with a little bit of cornmeal to cover the bottom. They can practice their letters or just draw in it. Both are messy but so much fun when your little.
Post a Comment