Since I only started blogging two months ago, I wanted to recap our year and highlight some fun things that happened for our little family. We had Disneyland Passes this year and really have had a good time going on all the rides and spending time with the kids. Disneyland is the happiest place on earth.
Kendell (Ellie) Miriam Hallen was born on March 18th, 2008. She came on her own time. Infact, Gary was the one who was there to catch her as I pushed her out. The mid-wife missed the whole thing! We handled it and we were blessed that we had Auntie Nola and Janice close by to come over and help.
Ellie is now 9 months old and is a joy to have in our family.Wow!!! Time flew by and before I knew it Madison grew up and was ready to get baptized. I can still remember when she was just a little babe in my arms. She always wanted to be held and cuddled. I loved having a baby to hold too.
Madison turned 8 in March. She was baptized and confirmed on April 12th, 2008.
Daddy and Madison getting ready for the big moment.
We had friends and family at her baptism. Meagan and Auntie Laura gave talks, the Hallen children sang a song together and the Grandmas each said a prayer. Mom and Dad, Sydney, Thys and Ellie, G-pa and G-ma, Uncle John, Auntie Nola, Meagan, Addie, Andrew, Peter, Auntie Laura and Uncle Rob and Grandma Snyder all came to see the event take place.
She is so sweet and good natured. Always kind to her sisters and brother.
On Sunday, April 13th Kendell was blessed. I wanted to do it while my mom was visiting. My mom is so talented and loves to sew. She would make almost all my dresses when I was a child. She made Madison her Baptism dress, Sydney a beautiful yellow dress, Thys a bow-tie to match Sydney and Kendell a blessing dress with a cape to match. They all looked so adorable.
It was so nice to have my mom come and stay for a week. She is so helpful. And we all love to be with her.Life was busy with normal stuff and then...
...Vacation Time!
We spent July 4th with Gary's parents in L.A. There are a lot of fun things to do there. We checked out Griffith Park. It was fun to ride on the ferris wheel and play at the park but the heat was killing us.
We spent July 4th with Gary's parents in L.A. There are a lot of fun things to do there. We checked out Griffith Park. It was fun to ride on the ferris wheel and play at the park but the heat was killing us.
Noah's ARK
We went to Skirball Museum. It was a big hit with the kids. They loved it. There is so much to do and not enough time to do it.
Thys couldn't be torn away from this gigantic ark. He wanted to play with all the animals for hours and probably would have if we let him. But they only let you stay in the Ark area for 2 hours because it is so busy and popular. Visit http://www.skirball.org/ for more information.Oh, Canada! We went to visit my brother in Magrath, AB. My parents came out as well as Jasmine and Hamish. It was great too.
We went to Waterton Park. It was sunny but very windy that day. The Lake is so clear and cold. The children were playing in it and having tonnes of fun. We went on a scavenger hunt and explored all over.
It is so important to me to get together every chance we can. I want my children to know their family that is up in Canada. So it is my goal to go up there every year. My family is so spread out that we have to make an effort to meet inorder to see one another. It is hard for me to leave but it has to be done. Gary has to work!The rest of the year went by with Madison going to 3rd grade, Sydney starting Kindergarden and Thys going to a mommy-me pre-school. I am one of the teachers along with the other moms who children attend. It has been fun to do and fills my day. Ellie enjoys the time she spends with grandpa and grandma when I am teaching Thys' class. Jazersice has been put on the back burner. I have to get my butt in gear in 2009 and WORKOUT! I babysit there so I can workout for free. Its a good deal but my mornings are cramped with other things that when I get a morning to myself working out is not on my list.
The year has been fun and there is so much to write but I can't sit here all day. Thank you for taking the time to read about our life. Its not much but its "US".

1 comment:
Very cute! I loved it! Happy New Year to you! Hope to see you this year!
Post a Comment